Out Of Stock
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Why Nations Fail By Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson
Out of stock
- Format: Paperback
- Dimensions: 129 x 198 x 16mm | 181g
- Delivery Duration: 2-5 Working Days
- Delivery Type: Standard Delivery
Product added! Browse wishlist
The product is already in your wishlist! Browse wishlist
SKU: SAYNTNAIE Categories: Books & Magazine, Religious Books
- An analytical breakdown of the causes behind the successes of some nations and the failures of others, Why Nation Fails follows a series of case studies on nations and their economies.
- Summary of the Book
- Contrary to popular belief, in the authors’ opinion, the factors that influence the economic growth of nations are not hard to understand. Geography, culture, and civil policies do not influence this growth. Politics and institutions do. The authors provide proof that the current economic growth of China cannot continue, and that sometimes wanting to improve things itself lends way to a critical fall. The book discusses this and more, paving the way for an understanding international growth and economic welfare as a whole.
- About the Authors
- Kamer Daron Acemoglu is a Turkish-born American economist and the current Elizabeth and James Killian Professor of Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has also written: Introduction to Modern Economic Growth and Democracy and Recent Developments in Growth Theory.
- Professor Acemoglu completed his PhD. at the London School of Economics and eventually joined as a lecturer before moving to MIT.
- James Arthur Robinson is the David Florence Professor of Government at Harvard University and a faculty member at the Institute of Quantitative Social Sciences and the Weatherhead Centre for International Affairs. He has also written: The Role of Elites in Economic Development, Natural Experiments of History, and co-wrote Economic Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy with Prof. Acemoglu.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.